Speakers at the North American Pari-Mutuel Regulators convention outlined a few of horse racing's potential challenges, including pathological gambling and a need for more television time.
Racetrack casinos in five states generated $2.1 billion in revenue and $577.9 million for state and local governments, according to the American Gaming Association's "State of the States" survey of casino entertainment.
Most Popular Stories
- Upstart Proves Class in Holy Bull Stakes
- Eblouissante Retired, to be Bred in Europe
- Alert Bay Victorious in Cal Cup Turf Classic
- Mischief Clem, 'Kitty Post Upsets in Cal Cup
- Lochte Triumphs in Tampa Bay Thriller
- Birdatthewire Soars to Easy Forward Gal Win
- Barbados Makes the Grade in Hutcheson
- First Reported Foal by Justin Phillip a Colt
- Sugar Shock Takes American Beauty in Comeback
- Consumer Credit Captures Sweetest Chant