Speakers at the North American Pari-Mutuel Regulators convention outlined a few of horse racing's potential challenges, including pathological gambling and a need for more television time.
Racetrack casinos in five states generated $2.1 billion in revenue and $577.9 million for state and local governments, according to the American Gaming Association's "State of the States" survey of casino entertainment.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Filly First Winner for Line of David