Speakers at the North American Pari-Mutuel Regulators convention outlined a few of horse racing's potential challenges, including pathological gambling and a need for more television time.
Racetrack casinos in five states generated $2.1 billion in revenue and $577.9 million for state and local governments, according to the American Gaming Association's "State of the States" survey of casino entertainment.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- The Week in Photos for 7/29/2014
- RCI to Consider Horses-in-Training Rules
- WGOH: Patience Is Shah's Virtue
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern