A proposal by Frank Stronach to publicly offer shares in six racing companies, each with a 20-horse stable, can legally conduct business in California, a staff report for the state's horse racing board concludes.
- By Jack Shinar
Magna Entertainment Corp. is willing to spend tens of millions for its upscale commercial development, The Shops at Santa Anita, in the track parking lot, but nothing to fix up the dilapidated barn area, the California Horse Racing Board learned during its meeting in Sacramento May 22.
Retired jockey Laffit Pincay Jr. is planning to file a lawsuit against Santa Anita racetrack, Huntington Ambulance, and physician's assistant Angel Delgadillo the week of Sept. 22 alleging negligence in the treatment of the injuries that ended his riding career.
Most Popular Stories
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin