Internet gaming is here to stay and, instead of trying to prohibit it, state governments should start regulating this exponentially growing business, a panel of experts told state lawmakers.
- By Jack Shinar
While Internet wagering on horseracing across state lines has been legalized in 17 states, the United States Congress still hasn't determined whether other forms of casino-style gaming should be prohibited. Until it does, gambling in cyberspace remains a complex public policy issue.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Trainer Baird Reaches Win 2,000
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle