Outsider Lucayan surged past Veneto in the final strides to win the Poule d'Essai des Poulains (French Two Thousand Guineas, Fr-I) by a short neck at Longchamp May 13.
Favored Mrs. Lindsay looked beaten with a furlong left to run, but the group I-winning French invader fought back along the inside to overtake local hope Sealy Hill in the $1 million E.P. Taylor Stakes (gr. IT) while setting a course record on the Woodbine turf Oct. 21.
Turtle Bowl closed with a rush to claim the Prix Jean Prat (Fr-I) for 3-year-olds at Chantilly, France on Sunday.
Irish-bred Torrestrella, supplemented by trainer Francois Rohaut to Sunday's Gainsborough Poule d'Essai des Pouliches (Fr-I) at Longchamp, paid off handsomely with a 1 1/2-length win in the 3-year-old filly Classic.
Pearly Shells ran down Ana Marie in the final 100 yards to post a 1 1/2-length victory in Sunday's Group I Prix Vermeille for 3-year-old fillies at Longchamp, earning her fifth win of the season.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic
- Early Thoughts on the BC Pre-Entries
- Tampa Bay Releases 2014-15 Stakes Schedule