Jockey Francisco Duran notched his 1,000th career victory March 12 at Golden Gate Fields when he guided Karmalize to a front-running score in the sixth race.
Team Portland Meadows dominated its fellow riders from Golden Gate Fields in winning the first "XpressBet Jockey Challenge" at its home track Jan. 7.
A chain-reaction spill involving four horses that started when 2-year-old Irish Tizzy broke down in the far turn of the second race at Golden Gate Fields sent three riders to a local hospital for treatment.
Ryan Fogelsonger rode four winners on Saturday's card and now leads the Laurel Park fall meeting by a commanding 28 victories. The 21-year old apprentice, who won the Pimlico summer/fall stand by 27 victories, has been aboard 77 winners in the first nine weeks of the meet.
Ryan Fogelsonger rode four winners on Saturday's card and increased his lead in the Laurel Park fall meet and national apprentice standings.
Ryan Fogelsonger, the blond bug boy from Silver Spring, MD, rode half of the winners on Wednesday's ten-race card at Pimlico Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Pompa, Brown Connect on Dirt in Pa. Derby
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Fasig-Tipton October Catalog Available
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions