Instead of working Jerry and Ann Moss' Gormley, his Derby mount, the soon-to-be Hall of Fame jockey Victor Espinoza was aboard the Mosses' Ziconic, who served as the Santa Anita Derby (G1) winner's target.
San Rafael Stakes (gr. II) winner Brother Derek, preparing for a rematch with 2-year-old champion Stevie Wonderboy and new face Bob and John in the Santa Catalina Stakes (gr. II) on March 4, breezed four furlongs early Sunday morning in :49 2/5.
California Cup Classic winner Cozy Guy worked five furlongs on Santa Anita's fast main track Saturday in 1:01 2/5 in preparation for the $1 million Sunshine Millions Classic at Gulfstream Park on Jan. 29.
Trainer Dan Hendricks, paralyzed from the waist down in a motorcycle crash July 7, posted his first victory since the accident Wednesday when his Littlebitofzip was a dominating four-length winner of Del Mar's fourth race.
The crew for trainer Dan Hendricks, who was paralyzed from the waist down due to a spinal injury suffered in a motorcycle accident a week ago, will saddle Runaway Dancer in Hollywood Park's closing-day feature Sunday, the Sunset Handicap (gr. IIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Farhaan Makes the Grade in Thunder Road
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Official Veterinary Team From China Visits Kentucky