A bill that would pump $11.7 million into the New Jersey Thoroughbred racing industry passed the state Assembly Thursday by a vote of 70-3 and has gone to ccting Gov. Donald DiFrancesco's desk to be signed into law. The money would be used for purses at Monmouth Park and Meadowlands this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Keeneland September Sale Gains Continue
- Somber Mood Hangs Over Suffolk Downs
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- Moro Tap to Double Infinity Ranch in Texas
- Artemis Agrotera Heads Gallant Bloom
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Miss Behaviour Targets Charles Town Oaks
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding