Najran, who was a prime candidate for the Oct. 25 Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) after winning the Oct. 3 Phoenix Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland, has been retired from racing because of knee chips.
Buckram Oak Farm's Najran tracked the pace and pulled away to score an easy victory in the $264,000 Phoenix Breeders' Cup (gr. III) at Keeneland Friday.
Najran ran away from his field and easily captured the $75,000 Perryville Stakes at Keeneland today by eight lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Familiar Names for 'PA Day at the Races' Card
- New York THA Invests in Testing Equipment
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms
- 10-Day Los Al Fall Meet Opens Sept. 10
- Churchill Downs Plans $18 Million in Upgrades
- Gallant Son to Daehling Ranch in CA
- Gural-Owned Tracks Join Integrity Coalition
- Whistling Past the Graveyard