Najran, who was a prime candidate for the Oct. 25 Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) after winning the Oct. 3 Phoenix Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland, has been retired from racing because of knee chips.
Buckram Oak Farm's Najran tracked the pace and pulled away to score an easy victory in the $264,000 Phoenix Breeders' Cup (gr. III) at Keeneland Friday.
Najran ran away from his field and easily captured the $75,000 Perryville Stakes at Keeneland today by eight lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- Rise Up Scores for Late Sire Rockport Harbor
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Turfway Cancels Card Because of Weather
- Silver Returns to New York Racing Association
- Chasing Landaluce
- Equine Sector Helps Boost KY Ag Receipts