Najran, who was a prime candidate for the Oct. 25 Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) after winning the Oct. 3 Phoenix Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland, has been retired from racing because of knee chips.
Buckram Oak Farm's Najran tracked the pace and pulled away to score an easy victory in the $264,000 Phoenix Breeders' Cup (gr. III) at Keeneland Friday.
Najran ran away from his field and easily captured the $75,000 Perryville Stakes at Keeneland today by eight lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby