Najran, who was a prime candidate for the Oct. 25 Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) after winning the Oct. 3 Phoenix Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland, has been retired from racing because of knee chips.
Buckram Oak Farm's Najran tracked the pace and pulled away to score an easy victory in the $264,000 Phoenix Breeders' Cup (gr. III) at Keeneland Friday.
Najran ran away from his field and easily captured the $75,000 Perryville Stakes at Keeneland today by eight lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Filly First Winner for Line of David
- Two Dates Added to Upcoming Santa Anita Meet
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Deadline Nears for OBS Racing Age Section
- Rocketts Mill Farm Founder Stevens Dead at 82