In the third and final session of the Magic Millions National yearling sale, a colt by young sire Foxwedge was the sale-topper at Aus$340,000 (U.S.$261,800).
A colt and a filly by Central Kentucky-based sire Medaglia d'Oro were among the top three highest prices at the opening session of the Magic Million National weanling sale May 24, with the colt bringing the day's top price
Records in gross, average, and median were realized on day three of the Inglis premier yearling sale March 3 in Melbourne, with trading led by a pair of fillies each sold for the day's top price.
The 2015 Inglis premier yearling sale kept up its robust pace March 2, posting increases in average and median through two days of the four-day auction in Melbourne, Australia.
A filly by Snitzel sold for $560,000 (US$437,849) at the Inglis premier yearling sale March 1 in Melbourne, topping the first day of trading, which saw across-the-board increases in gross, average, and median.
A record average price reflected a strong market for weanlings at the Inglis Great Southern Sale in Melbourne June 22-23.
Longshot Master of Design earned a berth in the 2012 Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. I) when he captured the AUS$1 million Darley T.J. Smith Stakes (Aus-I) at Royal Randwick April 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Seven-Time Group I Winner Buffering Retired
- Gainesway Colts Among Hips to Watch
- Curalina, Syndergaard Breeze at Belmont
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Strong Buyer Traffic on Eve of October Sale
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome