Closing with determination for jockey Rafael Bejarano, the multiple graded stakes winner Foxysox ground past favored Gotta Have Her in the final strides to win the $100,000 Tuzla Handicap (gr. IIIT) by a half-length on good going over Santa Anita's turf course Jan. 25.
Foxysox, always thought to have distance limitations, became the latest success story for trainer Carla Gaines when she outlasted a tough field of fillies and mares by a nose in the Santa Barbara Handicap (gr. IIT) at 10 furlongs on Santa Anita's turf course April 19.
Odds-on favorite Foxysox, undefeated in four United States starts, circled her four rivals on the far turn and rallied through the stretch to post a 1 1/4-length win in the $100,000 Senorita (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies on the Hollywood Park turf Saturday.
Warren B. Williamson's British invader Foxysox won her third straight since arriving in the United States with a nifty move along the rail for Alex Bisono, registering a one-length win in the $109,400 Providencia (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies Saturday at Santa Anita.
In a move that has raised some eyebrows, Coolmore has sold one of its group I producing stallions, Foxhound.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup