Closing with determination for jockey Rafael Bejarano, the multiple graded stakes winner Foxysox ground past favored Gotta Have Her in the final strides to win the $100,000 Tuzla Handicap (gr. IIIT) by a half-length on good going over Santa Anita's turf course Jan. 25.
Foxysox, always thought to have distance limitations, became the latest success story for trainer Carla Gaines when she outlasted a tough field of fillies and mares by a nose in the Santa Barbara Handicap (gr. IIT) at 10 furlongs on Santa Anita's turf course April 19.
Odds-on favorite Foxysox, undefeated in four United States starts, circled her four rivals on the far turn and rallied through the stretch to post a 1 1/4-length win in the $100,000 Senorita (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies on the Hollywood Park turf Saturday.
Warren B. Williamson's British invader Foxysox won her third straight since arriving in the United States with a nifty move along the rail for Alex Bisono, registering a one-length win in the $109,400 Providencia (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies Saturday at Santa Anita.
In a move that has raised some eyebrows, Coolmore has sold one of its group I producing stallions, Foxhound.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Look Back: Master Derby Wins Louisiana Derby
- Hong Kong Stars to Battle on Sunday at Sha Tin
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes