Closing with determination for jockey Rafael Bejarano, the multiple graded stakes winner Foxysox ground past favored Gotta Have Her in the final strides to win the $100,000 Tuzla Handicap (gr. IIIT) by a half-length on good going over Santa Anita's turf course Jan. 25.
Foxysox, always thought to have distance limitations, became the latest success story for trainer Carla Gaines when she outlasted a tough field of fillies and mares by a nose in the Santa Barbara Handicap (gr. IIT) at 10 furlongs on Santa Anita's turf course April 19.
Odds-on favorite Foxysox, undefeated in four United States starts, circled her four rivals on the far turn and rallied through the stretch to post a 1 1/4-length win in the $100,000 Senorita (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies on the Hollywood Park turf Saturday.
Warren B. Williamson's British invader Foxysox won her third straight since arriving in the United States with a nifty move along the rail for Alex Bisono, registering a one-length win in the $109,400 Providencia (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies Saturday at Santa Anita.
In a move that has raised some eyebrows, Coolmore has sold one of its group I producing stallions, Foxhound.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Oaklawn to Offer Bonuses for Lasix-Free Wins
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released
- Jockey Club: Study Shows Lasix Not Needed
- Wise Dan and His Quarter Horse Buddy Donnie
- Study Examines EIPH and Racing Performance