Closing with determination for jockey Rafael Bejarano, the multiple graded stakes winner Foxysox ground past favored Gotta Have Her in the final strides to win the $100,000 Tuzla Handicap (gr. IIIT) by a half-length on good going over Santa Anita's turf course Jan. 25.
Foxysox, always thought to have distance limitations, became the latest success story for trainer Carla Gaines when she outlasted a tough field of fillies and mares by a nose in the Santa Barbara Handicap (gr. IIT) at 10 furlongs on Santa Anita's turf course April 19.
Odds-on favorite Foxysox, undefeated in four United States starts, circled her four rivals on the far turn and rallied through the stretch to post a 1 1/4-length win in the $100,000 Senorita (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies on the Hollywood Park turf Saturday.
Warren B. Williamson's British invader Foxysox won her third straight since arriving in the United States with a nifty move along the rail for Alex Bisono, registering a one-length win in the $109,400 Providencia (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies Saturday at Santa Anita.
In a move that has raised some eyebrows, Coolmore has sold one of its group I producing stallions, Foxhound.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Woodbine Announces 2014 Stakes Schedule
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- Effort to Resolve Virginia Dates Fails Again
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury