Sheikh Mohammed's "friends" buying under the Rabbah Bloodstock banner; seven-figure success for Rob Whiteley; Starlight Stables in action.
The 3-year-old colt won the marathon by 10 lengths Dec. 29 at Aqueduct, denying Successful Affair's bid to repeat.
Four-time grade I winner Lite Light was euthanized May 5 after delivering a Mineshaft filly
Crafty Prospector, whose progeny earnings total $88 million, has been pensioned at Fred Seitz's Brookdale Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Gainesway Stable's Successful Outlook made her stakes debut in Friday's $106,200 Tempted (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies a winning one at Aqueduct, drawing off in the final stages to remain unbeaten in two starts.
Financier Carl Icahn is shutting down his successful Foxfield commercial breeding operation, selling all his mares and weanlings without reserve at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
Grade I winner and millionaire More Than Ready was represented by his first winner when his initial starter, the filly Ready to Live, won a maiden special race April 21 at Lone Star Park.
Carl Icahn's Meadow Star, the champion 2-year-old filly of 1990, died on Thursday, April 11, from complications from foaling a Fusaichi Pegasus colt.
Blushing K. D., whose victory in the 1997 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) ensured a measure of fame for owners James and Sue Burns, died on Aug. 5 at Dr. Bruce Lyle’s clinic near Aubrey, Texas, two days after colic surgery.
Most Popular Stories
- Speed Horses Hold Key to BC Classic
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- BC 2014: Alan Sherman: California Chrome Work
- Midnight Lucky Out of F&M Sprint, Retired
- Ward Sends Talented Duo to Juvenile Turf
- Dayatthespa Silenced All Doubters
- Moreno in Sharp Breeders' Cup Classic Drill
- WinStar Buys Half Interest in Daredevil
- The Big Apple's Big Vote
- Presque Isle Horsemen Payments Delayed