FOX Sports and The Jockey Club announced Aug. 8 a multi-year agreement to air prominent graded stakes races starting in 2014 from many of horse racing's best known tracks on FOX Sports 1.
By David Nathanson - The question is not whether horse racing needs television (it clearly does), but rather how we can improve our television coverage while distributing it to the widest possible audience to attract new fans and incremental wagering revenue.
In a move designed to increase promotion of horseracing in digital media, TVG Network and FOX Interactive Media announced Feb. 7 a new partnership for horseracing content on Fox Sports Interactive, a leading destination for sports fans on the Internet.
The WinStar Derby and WinStar Sunland Park Oaks will be televised nationally by Fox Sports... Goldinrunner has been honored as 2003 Michigan-bred Thoroughbred horse of the year...The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association's next "New and Prospective Owners Seminar" is scheduled for Friday at Turfway Park.
Santa Anita heads into its annual meeting Dec. 26 without the television exposure enjoyed by its Southern California counterparts.
The TV Games Network has experienced explosive growth since California adopted advanced deposit wagering last January.
In a deal that will give it exposure in a major market, TV Games Network has reached a two-year agreement to exclusively air live Southern California horseracing on FOX Sports Net West (FSN) and FOX Sports Net West 2 (FSN2).
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Fields Shaping Up for Super Saturday Card
- Florida Won Steals Ontario Derby Show
- After the Wire: Game On Dude & Pa. Derby
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Keeneland September Yearling Sale Wrap 2014
- Kaldera Up in Time in German St. Leger
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby