The All American Fourth of July Festival, expanded to three days this year, generated business gains for Evangeline Downs, track officials said. Veterans of the local racing scene claimed the crowd on July 4 was one of the largest in the 38-year history of the Carencro, La., racetrack.
Arlington Park and Calder Race Course are among the nation's racetracks that will combine the Fourth of July celebration with weekend racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Martin Defends Sending 'Chrome' to Ascot
- Rivals Back to Challenge Dortmund in SA Derby
- Former Claimer Chases Greatness in SA Oaks
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- The Big Beast Returns to the Big Leagues
- Frosted Looking to Rebound in Wood Memorial
- Grade II Winner Williamstown Dead at 25
- Blinkers On 'Truth Or Else' in Arkansas Derby
- Condo Commando Tops Gazelle Contenders
- Blue Grass Hopefuls Train at Keeneland