The All American Fourth of July Festival, expanded to three days this year, generated business gains for Evangeline Downs, track officials said. Veterans of the local racing scene claimed the crowd on July 4 was one of the largest in the 38-year history of the Carencro, La., racetrack.
Arlington Park and Calder Race Course are among the nation's racetracks that will combine the Fourth of July celebration with weekend racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Bolo Back Home at Santa Anita for Thunder Road
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt New OBS Sale Topper
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Speedway Stable Strikes Late for Malibu Moon Filly
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired