Roman Silver, who in his post-racing career competes as Sterling, surged to the lead in the last event on the program's schedule to earn the TAKE2 High-Score Thoroughbred Jumper Award for 2013.
Horseshoe Casino Cincinnati Spiral Stakes (gr. II) winner Black Onyx was scratched late Friday morning from the May 4 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), after a chip was detected in his left ankle.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission has approved comprehensive changes to the Kentucky Thoroughbred Breeders' Incentive Fund.
The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association will conduct a Thoroughbred Ownership Seminar Thursday, May 5, at the Kentucky Derby Museum in Louisville.
IEAH Stables has filed court documents claiming that David Lanzman failed to disclose injuries to I Want Revenge that eventually led to the 3-year-old colt being scratched on the morning of the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), for which he was the morning- line favorite.
A new national racetrack injury database will have problems achieving widespread compliance without a large measure of anonymity and confidentiality, a Kentucky racetrack veterinarian said Sept. 15.
- By Tom LaMarra
Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear has appointed five state residents to the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority to fill a vacancy or expired terms.
Most Popular Stories
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds
- Lucayan Well-Spotted in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Records on the Line in Final Native Diver Run
- Bringing Precision to Track Maintenance
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- String King to Try Dirt at Fair Grounds
- Aftercare Alliance Awards $1M in Grants
- Drug Testing Not Without Its Challenges