With an eye toward a possible proposal to change New York's rules on the race-day medication furosemide, the state's Gaming Commission met in Saratoga Springs Aug. 25 to solicit opinions about the medication.
At a forum designed to educate state regulators about furosemide, the very people the presentations were designed to enlighten may well have left with more questions than answers.
Considering possible changes to the state's equine drug laws, New York regulators are calling together education, veterinary science, and industry experts to discuss the use of the anti-bleeding medicine furosemide.
The New York Thoroughbred Breeders, Fasig-Tipton, and New York Racing Association during an Aug. 13 forum will discuss the future of New York racing and breeding after video lottery terminals begin operating at Aqueduct.
- By Ryan Conley
Jess Jackson reaffirmed his passionate commitment to help clean up unscrupulous tactics in the sales and auction industry Nov. 3 as part of an all-star cast discussing issues in the "Thoroughbred Industry Forum 2006" at Churchill Downs.
Frank Stronach's forum to discuss the major issues facing Thoroughbred racing will be Jan. 14. The forum was moved to avoid a conflict with the Keeneland mixed sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby