With an eye toward a possible proposal to change New York's rules on the race-day medication furosemide, the state's Gaming Commission met in Saratoga Springs Aug. 25 to solicit opinions about the medication.
At a forum designed to educate state regulators about furosemide, the very people the presentations were designed to enlighten may well have left with more questions than answers.
Considering possible changes to the state's equine drug laws, New York regulators are calling together education, veterinary science, and industry experts to discuss the use of the anti-bleeding medicine furosemide.
The New York Thoroughbred Breeders, Fasig-Tipton, and New York Racing Association during an Aug. 13 forum will discuss the future of New York racing and breeding after video lottery terminals begin operating at Aqueduct.
- By Ryan Conley
Jess Jackson reaffirmed his passionate commitment to help clean up unscrupulous tactics in the sales and auction industry Nov. 3 as part of an all-star cast discussing issues in the "Thoroughbred Industry Forum 2006" at Churchill Downs.
Frank Stronach's forum to discuss the major issues facing Thoroughbred racing will be Jan. 14. The forum was moved to avoid a conflict with the Keeneland mixed sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes