A federal appeals court ruled Jan. 19 that horse slaughter is illegal in the state of Texas based on a law from 1949. If the law is enforced, it would shut down two of the three slaughter plants in the United States.
Most Popular Stories
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- New Horsemen's Incentives at Pimlico Meet
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in South Korea
- Suffolk Expected to Apply for 2015 Live Dates
- Undrafted Opens Season in Shakertown
- Kobe's Back Returns East for Commonwealth
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'