Fortunate Prospect, a top sprinter and broodmare sire, was euthanized due to complications of old age March 15 at Old Friends Thoroughbred Retirement Center in Georgetown, Ky.
One should never underestimate the value of a good start. That's what the owner and trainer of Ivanavinalot advise, after seeing their 2-year-old filly dominate the Susan's Girl Division of the Florida Stallion Stakes Saturday at Calder Race Course.
Both the Dr. Fager and Desert Vixen first-round Florida Stallion Stakes divisions for 2-year-olds at Calder Race Course produced mild upsets of favorites and round two comes Saturday in the $125,000 Affirmed and $125,000 Susan's Girl divisions at seven furlongs.
In a pair of thrilling stretch drives to settle the divisions of the Florida Stallion Stakes at Calder Race Course Saturday, Fortunate Card and Lawbook emerged with hard-earned victories.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night