Dimitrova, winner of the second running of the $750,000 American Oaks Saturday, is scheduled to be flown back to Ireland this week but could return this autumn for the Matriarch (gr. IT), trainer Dermot Weld said. Weld won the Matriarch last year with Dress To Thrill.
French imports Liska and Welcome Millenium worked on the Hollywood Park turf Sunday in preparation for the second running of the $750,000 American Oaks at 1 1/4 miles on grass Saturday.
Hollywood Park Racing secretary Martin Panza has invited 14 fillies to the second running of the $750,000 American Oaks for 3-year-old fillies at 1 1/4 mile on turf July 5.
Ocean Drive, 4-for-5 in her career for trainer Todd Pletcher to be ridden by Jerry Bailey, will be a short price Sunday in the $100,000 Sands Point Handicap (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies at 1 1/8 mile on the Belmont Park turf.
New York invaders One and Twenty and Fortuitous rallied to score impressive wins in the two divisions of the featured Natalma Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies, over one mile on the E.P. Taylor Turf Course, Saturday at Woodbine.
A total of 21 2-year-old fillies were entered for Saturday's Natalma Stakes at Woodbine, necessitating a split into two divisions for the one mile turf stake.
Most Popular Stories
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- Willcox Inn Suffers Fatal Paddock Accident
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Galloping
- Moreno Seeks First SoCal Win in Californian
- Keen Ice Breezes Nicely; 'Pharoah' Walks
- NY Bill Could End Exercise Riders' Insurance
- Brown Sends Two West For American Oaks
- Sweet Idea Leads Seven-Figure Trio at MM Sale
- BC Sprint Winner Work All Week Returns at CD