Dimitrova, winner of the second running of the $750,000 American Oaks Saturday, is scheduled to be flown back to Ireland this week but could return this autumn for the Matriarch (gr. IT), trainer Dermot Weld said. Weld won the Matriarch last year with Dress To Thrill.
French imports Liska and Welcome Millenium worked on the Hollywood Park turf Sunday in preparation for the second running of the $750,000 American Oaks at 1 1/4 miles on grass Saturday.
Hollywood Park Racing secretary Martin Panza has invited 14 fillies to the second running of the $750,000 American Oaks for 3-year-old fillies at 1 1/4 mile on turf July 5.
Ocean Drive, 4-for-5 in her career for trainer Todd Pletcher to be ridden by Jerry Bailey, will be a short price Sunday in the $100,000 Sands Point Handicap (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies at 1 1/8 mile on the Belmont Park turf.
New York invaders One and Twenty and Fortuitous rallied to score impressive wins in the two divisions of the featured Natalma Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies, over one mile on the E.P. Taylor Turf Course, Saturday at Woodbine.
A total of 21 2-year-old fillies were entered for Saturday's Natalma Stakes at Woodbine, necessitating a split into two divisions for the one mile turf stake.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Obviously Targets Del Mar Mile Three-Peat
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- CHRB Amends Fee Scale for Losing Jockeys
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Seaway Draws Well-Balanced Field of 11
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015