Overnight purses will increase 10% when Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack & Resort begins its almost 10-month racing season March 1.
Cutting the number of Thoroughbred race dates in Ontario and reducing purses are some of the recommendations put forth by the government commissioned Horse Racing Transition Panel in a final report released Oct. 30.
The Fort Erie Live Racing Consortium announced after its general meeting June 5 that Fort Erie Racetrack will hold its last live race this year.
The Ontario division of the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society has announced the release of the 2007 Thoroughbred Improvement Program. The program comes after negotiations with Woodbine Entertainment Group, Fort Erie Racetrack, the Horsemen's Benevolent Protective Association, and the approval of the Ontario Racing Commission.
Most Popular Stories
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004
- Downey: Derby Trail, Where They're Going Next
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Horses to Watch at OBS March Sale
- Native Diver to Receive New Resting Place
- Mining My Own Produces Bodemeister Filly
- Old Friends Retiree The Name's Jimmy Dies
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Sign 10-Year Deals
- Half Ours Filly Tops Evangeline 2YO Sale