Overnight purses will increase 10% when Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack & Resort begins its almost 10-month racing season March 1.
Cutting the number of Thoroughbred race dates in Ontario and reducing purses are some of the recommendations put forth by the government commissioned Horse Racing Transition Panel in a final report released Oct. 30.
The Fort Erie Live Racing Consortium announced after its general meeting June 5 that Fort Erie Racetrack will hold its last live race this year.
The Ontario division of the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society has announced the release of the 2007 Thoroughbred Improvement Program. The program comes after negotiations with Woodbine Entertainment Group, Fort Erie Racetrack, the Horsemen's Benevolent Protective Association, and the approval of the Ontario Racing Commission.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- Emerald Downs Purses to Rise 20% in 2015
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew
- Musselman Drops Lawsuit Against Churchill