Ivan Dalos' Amis Gizmo avenged a half-length loss in the Queen's Plate, first leg of the Canadian Triple Crown, with a powerful victory in the Prince of Wales Stakes July 26 at Fort Erie Race Track.
Woodbine Entertainment Group and the Ontario Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association June 7 said they have signed a contract that guarantees 133 days of live racing at Woodbine through 2018.
Fort Erie Race Track in Ontario, Canada, will offer a live meet this year, with details to be released at a later date.
The Jockey Club of Canada's Graded Stakes Committee held its annual review of the graded and listed stakes in Canada and while the number of graded stakes in Canada remains unchanged at 43 there is one notable downgrade.
The Fort Erie Live Racing Consortium said it has submitted a proposal to the Ontario provincial government's Horse Racing Transition Panel to continue live racing at Fort Erie for at least the next three years.
The Ontario government said March 26 it has reached "tentative transition funding agreements" with Fort Erie and two harness tracks, Flamboro Downs and Georgian Downs.
Queen's Plate winner Mike Fox and jockey Emma-Jayne Wilson will aim for the second jewel in the Triple Crown of Canadian racing when the field goes postward in Sunday's Prince of Wales Stakes at Fort Erie Race Track.
Unsafe track conditions forced the cancellation of the Tuesday racing program at Fort Erie Race Track.
The $500,000 Prince of Wales Stakes, second leg of the Canadian Triple Crown, will highlight a $1.9-million stakes schedule at Fort Erie Race Track this season.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- What's Going On Here: Truly Charismatic
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory