Fort Erie Race Track in Ontario, Canada, will offer a live meet this year, with details to be released at a later date.
The Jockey Club of Canada's Graded Stakes Committee held its annual review of the graded and listed stakes in Canada and while the number of graded stakes in Canada remains unchanged at 43 there is one notable downgrade.
The Fort Erie Live Racing Consortium said it has submitted a proposal to the Ontario provincial government's Horse Racing Transition Panel to continue live racing at Fort Erie for at least the next three years.
The Ontario government said March 26 it has reached "tentative transition funding agreements" with Fort Erie and two harness tracks, Flamboro Downs and Georgian Downs.
Queen's Plate winner Mike Fox and jockey Emma-Jayne Wilson will aim for the second jewel in the Triple Crown of Canadian racing when the field goes postward in Sunday's Prince of Wales Stakes at Fort Erie Race Track.
Unsafe track conditions forced the cancellation of the Tuesday racing program at Fort Erie Race Track.
The $500,000 Prince of Wales Stakes, second leg of the Canadian Triple Crown, will highlight a $1.9-million stakes schedule at Fort Erie Race Track this season.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- Midnight Lucky Out of F&M Sprint, Retired
- Ward Sends Talented Duo to Juvenile Turf
- Dayatthespa Silenced All Doubters
- WinStar Buys Half Interest in Daredevil
- The Big Apple's Big Vote
- NJ Sports Betting Put on Hold by Court Order
- Fair Grounds Ordered to Restore Purse Funds
- Moreno in Sharp Breeders' Cup Classic Drill
- Lab: Delays Followed Suspicious Samples Spike