A total of 22 nominees have been put forward by the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame's Thoroughbred and Standardbred Nominating Committees. The nominees consist of six Thoroughbred horses, four Standardbreds and 12 people.
Herman Sarkowsky's homebred No Giveaway, under an excellently-timed ride from Juan Gutierrez, reached the wire just in time to register a 60-1 upset in the $250,000 Longacres Mile (gr. III) at Emerald Downs Sunday.
A Classic Life won Saturday's $100,000 Washington Breeders' Cup Oaks at Emerald Downs to give trainer Grant Forster his third consecutive victory in the race.
No matter how hard he tried, Vancouver British Columbia Racing Hall of Fame trainer Dave Forster was not able to dissuade his oldest son from pursuing a career on the racetrack. Now Grant Forster starts Fantasy (gr. II) runner-up Rugula in Friday's Kentucky Oaks (gr. I).
Canadian trainer Grant Forster admitted track conditions at Churchill Downs Friday morning were less than ideal after overnight rain showers, but that didn't stop him from working out probable Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) contender Rugula.
Summer Symphony notched her first stakes victory when she rallied for a half-length victory over entry-mate Socorro County in the $174,087 British Columbia Breeders' Cup Oaks (Can-III) at Hastings Park.
Youcan'ttakeme, who won four races at Emerald Downs last year, has been retired because of a tendon injury, trainer Grant Forster announced Friday .
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Six Grade I Races Set for Belmont Stakes Day
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory
- New York Stallion Series On Tap at Aqueduct