Three-year-old, sent off the even-money favorite, gets up to win in a photo.
The former claiming horse Universal Form got the heated pace he was looking for, scoring a come-from-behind shocker at odds of 53-1 in the $100,000 Deputy Minister Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park Sunday.
A filly by Langfuhr consigned by Crupi's New Castle Farm zipped an eighth in :10 1/5 to post the fastest workout at the distance at the second session of the "Under Tack Preview" for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2005 March Sale of Selected 2-Year-Olds in Training.
Elite Racing and Nuphri Fornaro's 3-year-old filly Formal Miss was a convincing winner of the $75,000 Judy's Red Shoes Stakes at Calder Race Course on Saturday, defeating Dakota Light by 3 ¾ lengths.
Wacky Patty, the only filly in Friday's $100,300 Landaluce Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-olds with a stakes victory to her credit, defeated Cherish Destiny by a length in the six-furlong test at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Reddam's Bond Holder Succumbs to Laminitis
- California Chrome Cruises at Los Alamitos
- Frac Daddy Powers Home in Ben Ali
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland
- It's a Dundeel Wins at Aussie Championships
- Rosalind Works Toward Kentucky Oaks
- Vicar's in Trouble Turns in Derby Work
- Mine That Bird Still Flies in Kentucky
- My Miss Sophia, Got Lucky Breeze at Churchill