While the aggregate of the National yearling sale dropped slight from last year, there was an overall sense of satisfaction following the auction's conclusion the evening of April 24 in Germison, South Africa.
During a day of high prices that helped lift average, a son of successful South African sire Silvano topped the opening session of the 2013 Cape Premier Yearling Sale, the first sale of the year in South Africa.
Business boomed at the Goffs Orby yearling sale, which ended its two-session run Oct. 4 in Ireland with increases from a year ago of 32.7% in gross, 46.8% in average price, and 38.1% in median price.
Magnificent Trip, a son of Trippi, commanded 1.7 million rand ($213,368 in U.S. funds) Jan. 26 to top the opening session of Book 1 of Cape Thoroughbred Sales' Cape Premier yearling auction in South Africa.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- Haskell TV Ratings Double Compared With 2014
- 18 Frankel Yearlings in Tattersalls Sale
- Dickinson Decides to Return to Training
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- Longform: Undercover Advocates
- Casino OTB Parlor in Maryland Proves Popular
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 8/04/2015
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided