A well-matched field of 3-year-old fillies should make for both competitive betting and racing in the Adena Stallions' Miss Preakness Stakes (gr. III) Friday at Pimlico.
Overlooked homebred filly Silmaril who blew by the three favorites and won Sunday's $75,000 Jameela Stakes at Laurel Park.
Just as expected, the $60,000 Marshua Stakes turned out to be a two-horse race with Among My Souvenirs beating Forestier in a furious drive to the wire.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night