Golden Marlin, winner of the Dogwood Stakes (gr. III) on the dirt in her most recent race, switches to the grass against favored Edgewood Stakes winner Forest Shadows and 10 other promising 3-year-old turf fillies in Saturday's $200,000-added Regret Stakes (gr. III) at Churchill Downs.
Select Stable's Take Charge Lady, a narrow loser to reigning "Horse of the Year" Azeri in her only start of 2003, and a trio of major stakes winners from the barn of Hall of Fame trainer Bobby Frankel head the list of 28 fillies and mares nominated to the $300,000-added Fleur De Lis (gr. II) at Churchill Downs.
Ridden by Larry Melancon, Forest Shadows charged through the stretch to win the $113,500 Edgewood Stakes, the first stake on Friday's Kentucky Oaks card at Churchill Downs. The 3-year-old Woodman filly defeated Unbridled Femme and Ebony Breeze as she stopped the timer in 1:35.35 for the one mile on turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago
- By the Moon Edges Wavell Avenue at Belmont
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh