Golden Marlin, winner of the Dogwood Stakes (gr. III) on the dirt in her most recent race, switches to the grass against favored Edgewood Stakes winner Forest Shadows and 10 other promising 3-year-old turf fillies in Saturday's $200,000-added Regret Stakes (gr. III) at Churchill Downs.
Select Stable's Take Charge Lady, a narrow loser to reigning "Horse of the Year" Azeri in her only start of 2003, and a trio of major stakes winners from the barn of Hall of Fame trainer Bobby Frankel head the list of 28 fillies and mares nominated to the $300,000-added Fleur De Lis (gr. II) at Churchill Downs.
Ridden by Larry Melancon, Forest Shadows charged through the stretch to win the $113,500 Edgewood Stakes, the first stake on Friday's Kentucky Oaks card at Churchill Downs. The 3-year-old Woodman filly defeated Unbridled Femme and Ebony Breeze as she stopped the timer in 1:35.35 for the one mile on turf.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Ricardo Beats Baze in Champions Challenge
- Brockton Fair Invites Suffolk Downs Horsemen
- Keeneland September continues steady progress
- MGC Offers Help for Displaced Suffolk Workers
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released