Trainer Doug O'Neill would like an invitation to the Hong Kong Sprint at Sha Tin Racecourse for his Forest Hills Handicap (gr. II) winner, Avanzado.
Avanzado proved he didn't need the lead to win Sunday at Belmont Park, running down fading pacesetting Sunray Spirit in the stretch to post a two-length win in the six-furlong Forest Hills Handicap (gr. II).
With the Ruffian debacle behind her, Edward P. Evans' Raging Fever drops back to six and a half furlongs in Sunday's Gallant Bloom Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park, where she'll face her arch rival Shine Again.
The last round of preliminaries for the Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) takes place coast-to-coast this weekend, but we may not learn as much as we'd like about the top contenders.
Delaware Township earned his first graded stakes win Saturday at Belmont Park, defeating Bevo by 1 1/2 lengths in the $250,000 Forest Hills Handicap (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen