Trainer Doug O'Neill would like an invitation to the Hong Kong Sprint at Sha Tin Racecourse for his Forest Hills Handicap (gr. II) winner, Avanzado.
Avanzado proved he didn't need the lead to win Sunday at Belmont Park, running down fading pacesetting Sunray Spirit in the stretch to post a two-length win in the six-furlong Forest Hills Handicap (gr. II).
With the Ruffian debacle behind her, Edward P. Evans' Raging Fever drops back to six and a half furlongs in Sunday's Gallant Bloom Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park, where she'll face her arch rival Shine Again.
The last round of preliminaries for the Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) takes place coast-to-coast this weekend, but we may not learn as much as we'd like about the top contenders.
Delaware Township earned his first graded stakes win Saturday at Belmont Park, defeating Bevo by 1 1/2 lengths in the $250,000 Forest Hills Handicap (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- Team Texas Red Partners With TV Star
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Badilla Earns Emotional Win at Golden Gate
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- Shadwell Sire Bahri Pensioned in England
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- Lubash Takes West Point for Second Time