Third in last year's Windsor Park Plate (NZ-I), Block Partnership's Xanadu took this year's edition in a clear victory over two-time New Zealand Horse of the Year Mufhasa Sept. 21 at Hastings.
Placed five times at the group I level in New Zealand, Block Partnership's Xanadu broke through for her first stakes win April 6 in the $200,000 Fiber Fresh New Zealand Thoroughbred Breeders Stakes at Te Aroha.
The Fasig-Tipton Midlantic December mixed sale experienced sharp downturns during its opening session on Sunday in Maryland. Compared to a year ago, the gross revenue and average price plunged by 38.5% and 37.2%, respectively.
Most Popular Stories
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- OBS Championship Stakes Fields Set