Third in last year's Windsor Park Plate (NZ-I), Block Partnership's Xanadu took this year's edition in a clear victory over two-time New Zealand Horse of the Year Mufhasa Sept. 21 at Hastings.
Placed five times at the group I level in New Zealand, Block Partnership's Xanadu broke through for her first stakes win April 6 in the $200,000 Fiber Fresh New Zealand Thoroughbred Breeders Stakes at Te Aroha.
The Fasig-Tipton Midlantic December mixed sale experienced sharp downturns during its opening session on Sunday in Maryland. Compared to a year ago, the gross revenue and average price plunged by 38.5% and 37.2%, respectively.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- Will Wise Dan Win Again in Shadwell Turf Mile
- Cup Winners Secret Circle, Goldencents Clash
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Champagne Stakes is Next Step for I Spent It
- Wonder Gal Seeks Rebound in Frizette Stakes
- Bustin It Heads New York Breeders' Futurity
- Black Type On the Line in Indiana Oaks
- Small Foal Crops Will Challenge Racing
- Thoroughbred Makeover is Bigger, Interactive