Gulfstream Park's 2010 schedule is again laden with graded stakes, and one safe bet is that most of the 80 racing days will be warm and sunny. Otherwise, there are changes and questions in abundance.
Gulfstream Park and Forest City Enterprises on Dec. 9 announced details for their scheduled Feb. 11, 2010 opening of the retail portion of the Village at Gulfstream Park.
Magna Entertainment Corp. and partner Forest City Enterprises announced Feb. 26 the first 32 tenants for the retail portion of their The Village at Gulfstream Park development. Plans for the $1.2-billion complex, adjacent to Gulfstream's clubhouse/casino building, include a hotel and condominiums on the property in Hallandale Beach, Fla. Meanwhile, officials are reluctant to speculate on a possible bankruptcy filing by MEC.
- By Scott Davis
The Broward County (Florida) Commission has approved plans for the construction of the "Village at Gulfstream Park," but not before the track and development partner Forest City Enterprises agreed to some concessions.
Ohio racetracks and a Cleveland developer are reportedly close to a deal on language for a November referendum on slot machines at the tracks and three non-track locations.
Magna Entertainment Corp. and Forest City Enterprises have entered into a partnership on the proposed Village at Gulfstream Park, a retail, entertainment, and residential development that will dovetail with racing and gaming operations at the Hallandale Beach, Fla., racetrack.
Magna Entertainment Corp. and real-estate company Forest City Enterprises, Inc. will partner on a planned 80-acre development at Gulfstream Park that will include retail and entertainment facilities and a residential village that overlooks the track.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training