Sylvia E. Heft's Eighttofasttocatch led from start to finish and won the $150,000 Maryland Million Classic Oct. 19 at Laurel Park for the second time in the past three years. Last year the son of Not For Love finished fifth.
Bettors sent Sycamore Racing's 3-year-old Nellie Cashman off at odds of 19-1 in the $150,000 Virginia Oaks (gr. IIIT). But the plucky Mineshaft filly had other ideas July 13 at Colonial Downs.
Six top female riders are set to square off in the inaugural $30,000 Pimlico Female Jockey Challenge on Black-Eyed Susan Day, May 20, at Pimlico Race Course.
Forest Boyce, 26, has a chance to become the 10th Maryland-based rider to win the Eclipse Award for outstanding apprentice jockey.
Maryland natives Forest Boyce and Chris Grove wrapped up year-end titles at the major Maryland racetracks in the jockey and trainer divisions respectively after the final card of the season Dec. 18 at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler
- Judy the Beauty Splendid in Las Flores Score
- Expectations High for OBS 2-Year-Old Sale
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Darley Sire Lonhro Enters Australian Hall
- Ramseys' Major Marvel Takes Barbados Gold Cup
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Golden Gate Fields Adds Alcatraz Stakes
- Santa Anita Handicap Handle Increases 23%