Sylvia E. Heft's Eighttofasttocatch led from start to finish and won the $150,000 Maryland Million Classic Oct. 19 at Laurel Park for the second time in the past three years. Last year the son of Not For Love finished fifth.
Bettors sent Sycamore Racing's 3-year-old Nellie Cashman off at odds of 19-1 in the $150,000 Virginia Oaks (gr. IIIT). But the plucky Mineshaft filly had other ideas July 13 at Colonial Downs.
Six top female riders are set to square off in the inaugural $30,000 Pimlico Female Jockey Challenge on Black-Eyed Susan Day, May 20, at Pimlico Race Course.
Forest Boyce, 26, has a chance to become the 10th Maryland-based rider to win the Eclipse Award for outstanding apprentice jockey.
Maryland natives Forest Boyce and Chris Grove wrapped up year-end titles at the major Maryland racetracks in the jockey and trainer divisions respectively after the final card of the season Dec. 18 at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Mine That Bird Still Flies in Kentucky
- Sisterly Love Scores Doubledogdare Upset
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays
- Speightstown Colt Works Quick Quarter at OBS
- Samraat, Uncle Sigh Work at Belmont
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- Churchill Derby, Oaks Security Plan Released
- Indiana Grand Racing & Casino Begins New Era
- A Case for Full Siblings
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records