Cornerstone Thoroughbreds' Medea, winner of the Eatontown Stakes (gr. IIIT) in her last start at Monmouth Park, looks to double up in the $150,000 WinStar Matchmaker Stakes (gr. IIIT) at the New Jersey racetrack July 27.
Cornerstone Thoroughbreds' Medea powered her way to victory June 21 in the $103,000 Eatontown Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Monmouth Park, and that was exactly how she liked it.
Sylvia E. Heft's Eighttofasttocatch led from start to finish and won the $150,000 Maryland Million Classic Oct. 19 at Laurel Park for the second time in the past three years. Last year the son of Not For Love finished fifth.
Bettors sent Sycamore Racing's 3-year-old Nellie Cashman off at odds of 19-1 in the $150,000 Virginia Oaks (gr. IIIT). But the plucky Mineshaft filly had other ideas July 13 at Colonial Downs.
Six top female riders are set to square off in the inaugural $30,000 Pimlico Female Jockey Challenge on Black-Eyed Susan Day, May 20, at Pimlico Race Course.
Forest Boyce, 26, has a chance to become the 10th Maryland-based rider to win the Eclipse Award for outstanding apprentice jockey.
Maryland natives Forest Boyce and Chris Grove wrapped up year-end titles at the major Maryland racetracks in the jockey and trainer divisions respectively after the final card of the season Dec. 18 at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Delaware Park Cancels July 28 Racing Program
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Milestone Victory for Jockey Centeno
- Big Macher Collects Grade I Bing Crosby Win
- Tonalist, Kid Cruz Exit Jim Dandy Well
- Del Mar Shifting Turf Races After Breakdowns
- Antipathy Convincing Winner in Muddy Shuvee
- Valid Breaks Through With Monmouth Cup Win
- Wicked Strong Gets Redemption in Jim Dandy
- Starstruck Back to Winning Ways in Matchmaker