Congress passed a $350-billion tax cut measure on May 23, but the bill did not include a clause eliminating an existing 30% withholding tax on winning pari-mutuel wagers placed by foreigners through U.S. betting pools.
A provision to eliminate the 30% withholding tax on foreigners who wager on pari-mutuel racing in the United States is part of a broad military tax-break bill scheduled to be addressed March 6 by the U.S. House of Representatives.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Celestine Seeks Honey Fox Repeat
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017