Congress passed a $350-billion tax cut measure on May 23, but the bill did not include a clause eliminating an existing 30% withholding tax on winning pari-mutuel wagers placed by foreigners through U.S. betting pools.
A provision to eliminate the 30% withholding tax on foreigners who wager on pari-mutuel racing in the United States is part of a broad military tax-break bill scheduled to be addressed March 6 by the U.S. House of Representatives.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill