Southern Equine Stables' Moreno made nine starts before he found the winner's circle for trainer Eric Guillot, but once he did, he rather liked it there.
Battier is the lone stakes winner in a field of six 3-year-olds who will assemble July 6 for the $200,000 Dwyer Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park, and all seek their first graded score.
It may not be worth points on the road to the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), but the $750,000 Illinois Derby (gr. III) drew a packed field of 14, including some familiar names, when entries were taken April 17
Jockey Albin Jimenez guided WinStar Farm's General Election past a melee at the start and avoided trouble in the stretch to bring the colt home a 13-1 winner in the $75,000 John Battaglia Memorial Stakes at Turfway Park.
The $75,000 John Battaglia Memorial Stakes at Turfway Park March 2 attracted a full field of 3-year-olds loaded with possibilities even if there are a few that figure to draw heavy action.
Most Popular Stories
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes