Michele and Cliff Love's Xtra Luck took over from pacesetter Majestic Harbor in early stretch and held his command for a comfortable win in the $100,000 Louisville Handicap (gr. IIIT) May 23 at Churchill Downs
Code West, responding to strong handling from jockey Cliff Berry in the stretch, got up in time to win the $176,050 Governor's Cup Stakes the night of Aug. 16 at Remington Park for his first victory since June 2013.
Southern Equine Stables' Moreno made nine starts before he found the winner's circle for trainer Eric Guillot, but once he did, he rather liked it there.
Battier is the lone stakes winner in a field of six 3-year-olds who will assemble July 6 for the $200,000 Dwyer Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park, and all seek their first graded score.
It may not be worth points on the road to the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), but the $750,000 Illinois Derby (gr. III) drew a packed field of 14, including some familiar names, when entries were taken April 17
Jockey Albin Jimenez guided WinStar Farm's General Election past a melee at the start and avoided trouble in the stretch to bring the colt home a 13-1 winner in the $75,000 John Battaglia Memorial Stakes at Turfway Park.
The $75,000 John Battaglia Memorial Stakes at Turfway Park March 2 attracted a full field of 3-year-olds loaded with possibilities even if there are a few that figure to draw heavy action.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- NYRA Chairman Bonomo Takes Leave of Absence