Toll Taker, a game second last out behind grade I winner Splendid Blended in an overnight stakes on Dec. 3, returns in the $100,000 Chaposa Springs Handicap Saturday at Calder Race Course with a big chance in a field of only six fillies and mares going seven furlongs.
Take a Check and Maggie Slew, both graded stakes-placed, top a field of six fillies and mares entered for Saturday's $150,000 Arlington Matron Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Arlington Park.
Annika Lass invades from the East Coast as the starting high weight and the likely choice of the public Saturday among a field of 10 entered in the $175,000 Chicago Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIII) for fillies and mares over seven furlongs at Arlington Park.
Graded stakes winner Miss Terrible tops a field of seven fillies and mares drawn for Saturday's $150,000 Arlington Matron Handicap (gr. III) at Arlington Park. The Argentine-bred mare will carry high weight of 118 under jockey Eusebio Razo Jr. The pair will break from post four.
Most Popular Stories
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Gold Cup Day
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Hong Kong Champion Able Friend Retired