Though Kentucky Derby winner Orb and Preakness winner Oxbow did not manage to get the money in a Belmont Stakes won by Palace Malice, they combined for a statistic that is difficult to achieve.
Arctic Bright, a rare all-white horse, is slated to make his first start at Turfway Park March 19.
Triple Crown winners during the 'Golden Age' all began their 3-year-old campaigns in sprints.
Little Sister, a stakes winner/producer for brothers Robert and Leland Ackerley, died May 7 from a stomach rupture.
The bright lights of Tinsel Town will be shining brightly this weekend on Penn National jockey Vladimir Diaz, who plays the role of Jacinto Vasquez in the made-for-TV movie Ruffian.
ESPN Original Entertainment (EOE) announced it will produce an original film, "Ruffian," based on the story of the great filly who was undefeated until suffering a fatal breakdown in a match race against Foolish Pleasure at Belmont Park in 1975.
In commemoration of the 30th anniversary of the fateful match race with Foolish Pleasure that resulted in Ruffian's untimely demise, bloodhorse.com would like to share the following excerpt from the Thoroughbred Legends series.
An eBay auction of racing memorabilia will begin Feb. 21 to raise money for a headstone marker for the grave of Our Mims, the 1977 Eclipse Award winner for 3-year-old fillies.
Feb. 12, 1975
Foolish Pleasure at Hialeah
The saga of Ruffian and her ill-fated match race with Foolish Pleasure in 1975 will be featured on this week's segment of "Woodie's World" on ESPN Classic. The show is scheduled to air at 7 (EST) Thursday.
Forego Loses Suburban
Most Popular Stories
- Irish Surf Runs Away in Cougar II Marathon
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- V. E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move
- Ami's Holiday Leads Prince of Wales Lineup
- Lochte Looks to Regain Form in Oceanport