Ashado, sent off at 2-5 and with only three competitors to beat, went down to defeat at the hands of hometown hope Silmaril in the $107,400 Pimlico Breeders' Cup Distaff Handicap (gr. III) Friday afternoon.
Jockey Ryan Fogelsonger was released from the Shock Trauma Unit at the University of Maryland Medical Center in downtown Baltimore this evening after x-rays on his injured neck were negative.
Ryan Foglesonger, the leading rider at Pimlico who is schedule to ride Cherokee's Boy in Saturday's Preakness Stakes (gr. I), took off his mounts Friday after injuring his hand in a starting gate mishap late Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Fair Grounds in the Spotlight
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Guest Suite Taking Farish, Howard on Classic Ride