The Factor will make his next start in the Rebel Stakes at Oaklawn Park March 19
On the day of the Santa Anita Derby (gr. I), the 2005 winner of that race, Buzzards Bay, continued his comeback story with a romping 6 1/2-length win in the $500,000 Oaklawn Park Handicap (gr. II) Saturday before 29,841 in Hot Springs, Ark.
Roman Ruler, disappointing at best in his 3-year-old season so far, could be ready to salvage the year. Under slight urging from jockey Jerry Bailey, the talented son of Fusaichi Pegasus won the $150,000 Dwyer Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park Monday by a half-length over the hard-trying Flower Alley.
Fog City Stable's Roman Ruler, the 1-20 betting favorite, took the lead on the turn and coasted home for a 4 1/2-length triumph in the grade II, $200,000 Norfolk Stakes for 2-year-olds Sunday at the Oak Tree at Santa Anita meeting.
Grade I winner D'wildcat has been retired to Windfields Farm near Oshawa, Ontario, Canada.
Padua Stables & Fog City Stables' Full Mandate rallied from last to take the lead at the eighth pole and hold off a game Bonus Pack to win the $100,000 Black Tie Affair Handicap by a neck Saturday at Arlington Park.
Fog City Stables' Ocean Terrace, who finished last of nine in the Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) on April 5 after setting a quick early pace, was back on the work tab Sunday morning. He logged a five-furlong move in 1:00 2/5 while breezing over the Southern California oval under regular exercise rider David Rodriguez.
Most Popular Stories
- Filly by The Factor Tops OBS Winter Opener
- Kaigun Makes 2015 Debut in Arcadia Stakes
- Fillies Vie for Grade I Glory in Las Virgenes
- Kentucky Approves Racing License for Blasi
- The Horse Who Changed the Triple Crown
- Secret Circle Part of Salty Palos Verdes Cast
- Invasor to Uruguay's Haras Cuatro Piedras
- Knee Chip Sidelines Hutcheson Winner Barbados
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Ocean Knight, Catalina Red Top Sam F. Davis