Millionaire Roman Ruler, a leading member of his generation at two and three, has been retired for stallion duty at John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farms near Lexington.
Despite the absence of this year's two classic winners, Giacomo and Afleet Alex, Saturday's $1-million Travers Stakes (gr. I) drew a talented and competitive field of seven today, headed by Haskell Invitational (gr. I) winner Roman Ruler and Jim Dandy (gr. II) winner Flower Alley.
Fog City Stable's Roman Ruler, winner of the Haskell Invitational Handicap (gr. I), breezed a half-mile in a bullet :45 4/5 at Saratoga Tuesday in preparation for the $1-million Travers Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 27.
Roman Ruler, winner of the Aug. 7 Haskell Invitational Handicap (gr. I), will stand at John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farms near Lexington upon his retirement.
Fog City Stable partners Bill Bianco and David Shimmon are in the process of dissolving their partnership. The horses have been divided between the two partners with the exception of two -- Roman Ruler and Buzzards Bay. Roman Ruler is scheduled to start Monday in the Dwyer Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park while Buzzard's Bay will be sold at Fasig-Tipton Kentucky in July.
Distinction, who topped the 2000 Fasig-Tipton Saratoga yearling sale at $4.2 million, has been retired and will stand in Oklahoma.
Ocean Terrace, a graded stakes winner from only five starts, has been retired from racing for stallion duty at Jeffry Morris' Highclere near Lexington.
Grade I winner D'wildcat has been retired to Windfields Farm near Oshawa, Ontario, Canada.
Windfields Farm in Canada has purchased a half-interest in grade I winner D'wildcat
D'wildcat, who was double-entered in the NAPA Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) and NetJets Mile (gr. IT) but expected to start in Saturday's Sprint (gr. I), will probably not ship from California for the race.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- A Few Early Thoughts on the Kentucky Derby Pace
- Past Three Winners Return for Hong Kong's QE II