Old Friends, the Thoroughbred retirement facility near Georgetown, Ky., will launch a special online eBay fundraiser called beginning Sept. 28.
Old Friends, the Thoroughbred retirement facility in Georgetown, Ky., will hold a commemorative service Memorial Day, May 31, for eight retirees that passed away in the last year.
Flying Pidgeon, a grade I winner, millionaire, and member of the Calder Hall of Fame, was euthanized Dec. 5 at Old Friends Thoroughbred Retirement Facility near Georgetown, Ky.
Fastness and Flying Pidgeon, both millionaires and grade I winners, will stand in 2006 at Carlo DeThomasi's C & R Horse Farm near Milmay, N.J.
Double S Stable, Ken Avanzino, and Joe Sullivan's French Charmer will be the starting highweight for this Saturday's $100,000 Flying Pidgeon Handicap at Calder Race Course. A full field of 12 has been entered for the 1 1/8-mile turf contest that will go as the fifth race on the card.
Calder Race Course announced Tuesday that two turf stakes races scheduled for Saturday have been postponed due to heavy precipitation in the area in recent days. Ironically, the races comprised a part of Calder's "Festival of the Sun" card.
Brief news from racing and breeding industries.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Living The Life Beats Males in All American
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- 'Breaking' in a New Fan