Old Friends, the Thoroughbred retirement facility near Georgetown, Ky., will launch a special online eBay fundraiser called beginning Sept. 28.
Old Friends, the Thoroughbred retirement facility in Georgetown, Ky., will hold a commemorative service Memorial Day, May 31, for eight retirees that passed away in the last year.
Flying Pidgeon, a grade I winner, millionaire, and member of the Calder Hall of Fame, was euthanized Dec. 5 at Old Friends Thoroughbred Retirement Facility near Georgetown, Ky.
Fastness and Flying Pidgeon, both millionaires and grade I winners, will stand in 2006 at Carlo DeThomasi's C & R Horse Farm near Milmay, N.J.
Double S Stable, Ken Avanzino, and Joe Sullivan's French Charmer will be the starting highweight for this Saturday's $100,000 Flying Pidgeon Handicap at Calder Race Course. A full field of 12 has been entered for the 1 1/8-mile turf contest that will go as the fifth race on the card.
Calder Race Course announced Tuesday that two turf stakes races scheduled for Saturday have been postponed due to heavy precipitation in the area in recent days. Ironically, the races comprised a part of Calder's "Festival of the Sun" card.
Brief news from racing and breeding industries.
Most Popular Stories
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Stewart Not Making Changes in Derby
- Relaxed Debuts Helped Brody's Cause, Creator
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile