Here is a selection of noteworthy pedigrees for yearlings set to sell at Keeneland's September auction Thursday, Sept. 11, the final day of Book 1.
Ron Mitchell talks with Michael Hernon of Gainesway Farm about Hip #19, the filly that topped the Sept. 9 Keeneland sale session. Watch Video
Emory A. Hamilton's Hungry Island collared Tapitsfly in the final furlong and went on to score a one-length victory in the $223,400 Churchill Distaff Turf Mile (gr. IIT) May 5.
Fast-closing Hungry Island ran her winning streak to four races when she blew past her rivals in the final furlong to take the $150,000 Woodford Reserve Lake Placid Stakes (gr. IIT) going away by 2 1/2 lengths at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Uncertainty as Delaware Drops Pletcher Case
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Beshear, Moses to Speak at Round Table
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Untapable Looks for Shuvee Relief
- First Winners for Pair of Louisiana Stallions
- Gimme Da Lute Brings Class to Real Good Deal
- Real Solution Acquired by Calumet Farm