Ron Mitchell talks with Michael Hernon of Gainesway Farm about Hip #19, the filly that topped the Sept. 9 Keeneland sale session. Watch Video
Emory A. Hamilton's Hungry Island collared Tapitsfly in the final furlong and went on to score a one-length victory in the $223,400 Churchill Distaff Turf Mile (gr. IIT) May 5.
Fast-closing Hungry Island ran her winning streak to four races when she blew past her rivals in the final furlong to take the $150,000 Woodford Reserve Lake Placid Stakes (gr. IIT) going away by 2 1/2 lengths at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses