Jon and Sarah Kelly's Sporting Art and Peachtree Stable's Flying Dismount, the one-two finishers in the March 29 Palm Beach Stakes (gr. IIIT), will meet again April 26 in the $400,000 Calder Derby (gr. IIIT), as the rivals top a full field of 3-year-olds on the Calder Race Course turf.
Making his second start in the U.S. and stretching out to 1 1/8 miles after missing by a neck in his last outing, Jon and Sarah Kelly's Sporting Art was sitting on a win in the $100,000 Bulleit Bourbon Palm Beach Stakes (gr. IIIT).
They finished one-two in a Feb. 20 allowance race, separated by just a neck, and on March 29, Run Sully Run and Sporting Art will have a rematch in the $150,000 Bulleit Bourbon Palm Beach Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Untapable, Tapiture Settle in at Fair Grounds
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- New Management for 2015 at Rillito Park
- Barretts January Mixed Sale Catalog Online
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- Lenny's Place - Episode 7
- New Rules Lead to Spike in Indiana Positives