TimeformUS looks at the Californian and the American Oaks. read blog
Fury Kapcori, a dominant front-running winner of the Precisionist Stakes (gr. III) one month ago, brings a four-race victory streak into the $200,000 Californian Stakes (gr. II) May 31 at Santa Anita Park.
Late-running Jeranimo returned to his best form with a perfect setup in the $300,000 Eddie Read Stakes (gr. IT), soaring through the stretch under a confident Rafael Bejarano to win going away on the turf July 20 at Del Mar.
French invader Sofast adds a new face to the $300,000 Eddie Read Stakes, which attracted a familiar group of Southern California-based middle-distance turf runners to the first grade I event of the season July 20 at Del Mar.
A quartet from the deep bench of Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert is entered in the $150,000 San Fernando Stakes (gr. II) Jan. 12 at Santa Anita Park.
Pin Oak Stable's homebred Alternation, winner of five of six starts this year, will make his first start in almost two months when he carries top weight in the $500,000 Hawthorne Gold Cup.
Bourbon Courage, under a head of steam for jockey Leandro Goncalves, blew past Master Rick at mid-stretch to win the $500,000 Super Derby (gr. II) in a romp for the colt's first stakes victory Sept. 8 at Louisiana Downs.
California-based Blueskiesnrainbows, who won the grade II Swaps Stakes in the Golden State last time out, will take on eight rivals in the Super Derby at Louisiana Downs.
Millionaire and multiple grade I winner Richard's Kid will be conceding from three to 10 pounds to his rivals as he tops the six-horse field entered in the Cougar II Handicap (gr. III) at Del Mar July 27.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile
- Cary Street Leads 11 in Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Churchill Proposes Derby Bet on Winning Sire
- Derby Winners Have Enjoyed Turf Success
- Lord Nelson Could Rule Kentucky Jockey Club
- Speedy Cassatt Dusts Rivals in Zia Park Oaks
- Romans Likes Added Distance for Remsen Pair
- Maryland Jockey Club Focus on Daily Product
- Unbeaten Dame Dorothy Can Cap Year in Comely