Trainer Bobby Frankel said Sept. 25 he would likely run Ginger Punch, a back-to-back grade I winner in New York, in the Sept. 30 Beldame (gr. I) at Belmont Park.
Janice and Robert McNair's Stonerside Stable has purchased the 4-year-old filly Argentina from the Wildenstein family's Dayton Investments. The daughter of Sadler's Wells will stay with current trainer Bobby Frankel, who is pointing her for the Flower Bowl Invitational Handicap (gr. IT) Oct. 7.
Snow Polina and Happyanunoit, the first- and second-place finishers, respectively, from the Beverly D Stakes (gr. IT) at Arlington International in August will face each other again in the $750,000 Flower Bowl Invitational Handicap (gr. IT) Saturday at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Suffolk Casino Project to be Put to New Vote
- Slideshow: Royal Delta