Trainer Bobby Frankel said Sept. 25 he would likely run Ginger Punch, a back-to-back grade I winner in New York, in the Sept. 30 Beldame (gr. I) at Belmont Park.
Janice and Robert McNair's Stonerside Stable has purchased the 4-year-old filly Argentina from the Wildenstein family's Dayton Investments. The daughter of Sadler's Wells will stay with current trainer Bobby Frankel, who is pointing her for the Flower Bowl Invitational Handicap (gr. IT) Oct. 7.
Snow Polina and Happyanunoit, the first- and second-place finishers, respectively, from the Beverly D Stakes (gr. IT) at Arlington International in August will face each other again in the $750,000 Flower Bowl Invitational Handicap (gr. IT) Saturday at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Proposed Multiple Medication Violator Changes
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab