Trainer Bobby Frankel said Sept. 25 he would likely run Ginger Punch, a back-to-back grade I winner in New York, in the Sept. 30 Beldame (gr. I) at Belmont Park.
Janice and Robert McNair's Stonerside Stable has purchased the 4-year-old filly Argentina from the Wildenstein family's Dayton Investments. The daughter of Sadler's Wells will stay with current trainer Bobby Frankel, who is pointing her for the Flower Bowl Invitational Handicap (gr. IT) Oct. 7.
Snow Polina and Happyanunoit, the first- and second-place finishers, respectively, from the Beverly D Stakes (gr. IT) at Arlington International in August will face each other again in the $750,000 Flower Bowl Invitational Handicap (gr. IT) Saturday at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Tops NTRA Poll
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- Ranking the Kentucky Derby Workouts
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Weir, Lipinski on NBC Social Media for Derby
- Upstart Breeder Out of Hospital, CD Bound
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- Lenny's Place: Kentucky Derby Edition
- NJ Casino Simulcast Bill Signed Into Law