Trainer Bobby Frankel said Sept. 25 he would likely run Ginger Punch, a back-to-back grade I winner in New York, in the Sept. 30 Beldame (gr. I) at Belmont Park.
Janice and Robert McNair's Stonerside Stable has purchased the 4-year-old filly Argentina from the Wildenstein family's Dayton Investments. The daughter of Sadler's Wells will stay with current trainer Bobby Frankel, who is pointing her for the Flower Bowl Invitational Handicap (gr. IT) Oct. 7.
Snow Polina and Happyanunoit, the first- and second-place finishers, respectively, from the Beverly D Stakes (gr. IT) at Arlington International in August will face each other again in the $750,000 Flower Bowl Invitational Handicap (gr. IT) Saturday at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill