The best of the best will be on display at Santa Anita Park Nov. 1-2, with the leading trainers in the United States and Europe pre-entering a star-studded array of talent for the Breeders' Cup World Championships.
Treve unleashed an explosive acceleration in the straight and won the Prix de Diane Longines (Fr-I) in her stakes debut June 16 at Chantilly.
Flotilla will try to add a second French classic to her record June 16 when she takes on 10 opponents, including dual group I winner Silasol, in the Prix de Diane Longines (Fr-I, French Oaks) at Chantilly.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Flotilla, one of two 2012 Breeders' Cup winners for sire Mizzen Mast, returned to win the 2013 Poule d'Essai des Pouliches-French One Thousand Guineas.
Flotilla, the 2012 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies' Turf (gr. IT) winner, caught Esoterique in the closing strides and won the Poule d'Essai des Pouliches (Fr-I, French One Thousand Guineas) May 12 at Longchamp.
French group I winner Olympic Glory and Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IT) victress Flotilla are the respective headliners May 12 at Longchamp in the first two classics of the French season.
Flotilla avoided trouble with an explosive late run down the center of the course in the $1 million Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IT) Nov. 2 at Santa Anita Park, giving jockey Christophe LeMaire his first Cup win.
Despite poor visibility trackside due to fog, several European Breeders' Cup contenders managed their morning outings on both turf and dirt at Santa Anita Park Oct. 31.
Most Popular Stories
- City Wolf Joins Roster at Pleasant Acres
- Free Mammography Screening at Turfway Dec. 27
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Ritvo to Receive Lou Smith Memorial Award
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired