In what amounts to another victory in its battle with neighboring Calder Casino & Race Course, Gulfstream Park announced Sept. 19 it will hold the inaugural Sunshine Millions Preview Day on Nov. 9.
U.S. champion female sprinter was bred by Ocala Stud and sold as a 2-year-old at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s April sale.
The Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering dismissed a request for an administrative hearing on questions of the legality of Gretna Racing LLC's Quarter Horse license, which it plans to use for pari-mutuel barrel racing.
An FTBOA audit committee report reveals problems with equipment and policies. The association's president says several of the problems have been or are being fixed.
It was a big night for the connections of Southern Image at the March 20 Florida Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association annual awards dinner. Southern Image was named Florida-bred horse of the year and champion older horse, while his sire, Halo's Image, who stands at Arthur I. Appleton's Bridlewood Farm, was named sire of the year.
Wildcat Heir, winner of this year's Frank J. DeFrancis Memorial Dash Stakes (gr. I) at Pimlico, is a registered Florida-bred not a Kentucky-bred as previously reported, according to a statement released Thursday, Dec. 23 by the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders' and Owners' Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- KHRC Drug Tests: Turfway Meet 'Cleanest'
- Lord Windermere Prevails in Gold Cup Photo
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- KY House Speaker: Gambling Amendment Dead
- Kentucky Horsemen Prepped on New Drug Rules
- Trainer Michael D'Angelo Dies at 55
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Fair Grounds Hall of Fame Inducts Proud Spell