Ocala Stud and the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association (FTBOA) have joined Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. in committing to donate $10,000 to the Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation's Ocala Initiative.
In what amounts to another victory in its battle with neighboring Calder Casino & Race Course, Gulfstream Park announced Sept. 19 it will hold the inaugural Sunshine Millions Preview Day on Nov. 9.
U.S. champion female sprinter was bred by Ocala Stud and sold as a 2-year-old at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s April sale.
The Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering dismissed a request for an administrative hearing on questions of the legality of Gretna Racing LLC's Quarter Horse license, which it plans to use for pari-mutuel barrel racing.
An FTBOA audit committee report reveals problems with equipment and policies. The association's president says several of the problems have been or are being fixed.
It was a big night for the connections of Southern Image at the March 20 Florida Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association annual awards dinner. Southern Image was named Florida-bred horse of the year and champion older horse, while his sire, Halo's Image, who stands at Arthur I. Appleton's Bridlewood Farm, was named sire of the year.
Wildcat Heir, winner of this year's Frank J. DeFrancis Memorial Dash Stakes (gr. I) at Pimlico, is a registered Florida-bred not a Kentucky-bred as previously reported, according to a statement released Thursday, Dec. 23 by the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders' and Owners' Association.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course