Total purses for the day's five Sunshine Millions stakes for Florida-breds Saturday, Jan. 21 at Gulfstream Park will be $600,000 rather than the originally scheduled $900,000.
- By BloodHorse Staff
- Thoroughbred Racing, Thoroughbred Breeding, Northeast Region, Southeast Region, Mid-Atlantic Region
Gulfstream Park is cutting $350,000 from next month's Sunshine Millions card and opening the stakes series to horses bred in New York, Maryland, and Pennsylvania, it was announced Dec. 7.
The Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering has rejected Gulfstream Park's request to move a racing permit to a Miami bay front site where it wants to build a casino.
Beginning July 1, Calder Casino & Race Course will prohibit horses stabled at Calder from re-entering its grounds if trainers send them to race at other Florida tracks, it was announced June 28.
- By Jim Freer
Churchill Downs Inc. and the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association announced Sept. 10 that they have reached an agreement on a contract for future slot machine revenue at CDI-owned Calder Race Course.
- By Jim Freer
Churchill Downs Inc. and the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association announced on Sept. 10 that they have reached an agreement on a contract for future slot machine revenue at CDI-owned Calder Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset