Total purses for the day's five Sunshine Millions stakes for Florida-breds Saturday, Jan. 21 at Gulfstream Park will be $600,000 rather than the originally scheduled $900,000.
- By BloodHorse Staff
- Thoroughbred Racing, Thoroughbred Breeding, Northeast Region, Southeast Region, Mid-Atlantic Region
Gulfstream Park is cutting $350,000 from next month's Sunshine Millions card and opening the stakes series to horses bred in New York, Maryland, and Pennsylvania, it was announced Dec. 7.
The Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering has rejected Gulfstream Park's request to move a racing permit to a Miami bay front site where it wants to build a casino.
Beginning July 1, Calder Casino & Race Course will prohibit horses stabled at Calder from re-entering its grounds if trainers send them to race at other Florida tracks, it was announced June 28.
- By Jim Freer
Churchill Downs Inc. and the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association announced Sept. 10 that they have reached an agreement on a contract for future slot machine revenue at CDI-owned Calder Race Course.
- By Jim Freer
Churchill Downs Inc. and the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association announced on Sept. 10 that they have reached an agreement on a contract for future slot machine revenue at CDI-owned Calder Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares