Sing Praises darted from the starting gate to grab an uncontested early lead en route to victory in the $100,000 Dr. Fager Stakes, giving trainer Stanley Gold and Jacks or Better Farm a sweep of both Florida Sire Stakes.
Florida's biggest series of 2-year-old races moves to Gulfstream Park Aug. 9 when the track holds the first two races in the newly renamed Florida Sire Stakes series.
Gulfstream Park has released its stakes schedule for July through early October, including seven races that are substitutes for stakes that had been scheduled for Calder Casino & Race Course's Summit of Speed on July 5.
Gulfstream Park's spring/summer meet, which starts April 11, will feature a robust 2-year-old program highlighted by the $1.4 million Florida Sire Stakes series.
Calder Casino & Race Course will reduce its number of stalls for 2-year-olds to about 150 this year, compared with about 500 in 2013 and other recent years.
Calder Casino & Race Course had been host of premier state-bred juvenile racing program for 32 years.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Champion English Channel Relocates to Calumet
- Wise Dan to Make Return in Bernard Baruch
- Storm and a Half to Stand in Iowa
- Unbeaten Taghrooda Heads Yorkshire Oaks
- Tiz Wonderful Colt Sells for OKC Sale Record
- Consignors Provide Keeneland Showing Schedule
- Haskin's Top Sprinters of the Last 50 Years
- New Mexico Owner/Breeder Danley Dies