In a civil suit filed Nov. 26 in a state court in Miami, Hialeah Park is seeking to take control of administration of its purse account from the Florida Quarter Horse Racing Association.
Florida horsemen are again on the offensive after the Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering granted a license to Gretna Racing despite a court ruling that said Quarter Horse barrel racing violates state law.
Hialeah Park is entering the final two weeks of its first Quarter Horse meet with pari-mutuel handle owner John Brunetti calls "a disappointment," and with a need to catch up on its guarantee of $4 million in purses.
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Storms Eye and Europe to Bearfoot Farms
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- Brown Enters Pleuven, Request in Dania Beach
- Rice Plots Spots for Palace; Gravesend Next