Calder Casino & Race Course will open its annual Tropical Meet on Sept. 1, and over its 65 race days will have six graded stakes and 15 other stakes with purses of $100,000 or higher.
The Florida Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association is asking Calder Casino & Race Course to call off a plan to charge grooms and hot walkers rent to live in rooms in the track's barn area.
Gulfstream Park could have some important political support in its goal to change a state law that prohibits Thoroughbred racing after 7 p.m. if there are benefits for other pari-mutuel sports.
Calder Casino & Race Course has added three races to its weekly schedule -- with one more race each Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- By Jim Freer
Churchill Downs Inc. and the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association announced Sept. 10 that they have reached an agreement on a contract for future slot machine revenue at CDI-owned Calder Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win