Calder Casino & Race Course will open its annual Tropical Meet on Sept. 1, and over its 65 race days will have six graded stakes and 15 other stakes with purses of $100,000 or higher.
The Florida Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association is asking Calder Casino & Race Course to call off a plan to charge grooms and hot walkers rent to live in rooms in the track's barn area.
Gulfstream Park could have some important political support in its goal to change a state law that prohibits Thoroughbred racing after 7 p.m. if there are benefits for other pari-mutuel sports.
Calder Casino & Race Course has added three races to its weekly schedule -- with one more race each Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Churchill Downs Inc. and the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association announced Sept. 10 that they have reached an agreement on a contract for future slot machine revenue at CDI-owned Calder Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- King's Bishop Likely Option for Wildcat Red
- Einstein Moving to Adena Springs Canada
- Catalano, On Mend, Gets Arlington Win 1,000
- Record Stakes Purses Set for Oaklawn Park
- Grade I Producer Garden Secrets Dies
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- That Handicapping Show: Whitney H. & Test S.