Gulfstream Park on the night of Dec. 30 canceled a Quarter Horse race that it had scheduled for Dec. 31.
The Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering dismissed a request for an administrative hearing on questions of the legality of Gretna Racing LLC's Quarter Horse license, which it plans to use for pari-mutuel barrel racing.
Gulfstream Park Racing & Casino announced Feb. 16 they have signed a contract with the Florida Horsemen's Benevolent & Protective Association that will run from March 1 through December 2012.
Calder Race Course announced May 9 that it will cut purses for eight upcoming stakes races, including the July 12 Summit of Speed card, blaming a continuing dispute with the Florida horsemen's association.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner