Gulfstream Park on the night of Dec. 30 canceled a Quarter Horse race that it had scheduled for Dec. 31.
The Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering dismissed a request for an administrative hearing on questions of the legality of Gretna Racing LLC's Quarter Horse license, which it plans to use for pari-mutuel barrel racing.
Gulfstream Park Racing & Casino announced Feb. 16 they have signed a contract with the Florida Horsemen's Benevolent & Protective Association that will run from March 1 through December 2012.
Calder Race Course announced May 9 that it will cut purses for eight upcoming stakes races, including the July 12 Summit of Speed card, blaming a continuing dispute with the Florida horsemen's association.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Awesome Baby Heads Speedy Field in La Brea
- Los Alamitos Concludes Successful Winter Meet
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Clement Trio Looms Large in La Prevoyante
- Strong Field Set for Mathis Brothers Mile
- Divine Oath, North Slope Meet in McKnight
- Speechify Goes for Grade in Mr. Prospector