Gulfstream Park on the night of Dec. 30 canceled a Quarter Horse race that it had scheduled for Dec. 31.
The Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering dismissed a request for an administrative hearing on questions of the legality of Gretna Racing LLC's Quarter Horse license, which it plans to use for pari-mutuel barrel racing.
Gulfstream Park Racing & Casino announced Feb. 16 they have signed a contract with the Florida Horsemen's Benevolent & Protective Association that will run from March 1 through December 2012.
Calder Race Course announced May 9 that it will cut purses for eight upcoming stakes races, including the July 12 Summit of Speed card, blaming a continuing dispute with the Florida horsemen's association.
Most Popular Stories
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Fair Grounds in the Spotlight
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Guest Suite Taking Farish, Howard on Classic Ride
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet