Gulfstream Park on the night of Dec. 30 canceled a Quarter Horse race that it had scheduled for Dec. 31.
The Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering dismissed a request for an administrative hearing on questions of the legality of Gretna Racing LLC's Quarter Horse license, which it plans to use for pari-mutuel barrel racing.
Gulfstream Park Racing & Casino announced Feb. 16 they have signed a contract with the Florida Horsemen's Benevolent & Protective Association that will run from March 1 through December 2012.
Calder Race Course announced May 9 that it will cut purses for eight upcoming stakes races, including the July 12 Summit of Speed card, blaming a continuing dispute with the Florida horsemen's association.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- Drefong Gallops Home to King's Bishop Score
- Flintshire Dominant Again in Sword Dancer
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- A. P. Indian Gets Second Grade I in Forego
- Cavorting on Top in Personal Ensign
- Haveyougoneaway Surges to Ballerina Win
- Masochistic Breezes to Pat O'Brien Victory