Gulfstream Park on the night of Dec. 30 canceled a Quarter Horse race that it had scheduled for Dec. 31.
The Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering dismissed a request for an administrative hearing on questions of the legality of Gretna Racing LLC's Quarter Horse license, which it plans to use for pari-mutuel barrel racing.
Gulfstream Park Racing & Casino announced Feb. 16 they have signed a contract with the Florida Horsemen's Benevolent & Protective Association that will run from March 1 through December 2012.
Calder Race Course announced May 9 that it will cut purses for eight upcoming stakes races, including the July 12 Summit of Speed card, blaming a continuing dispute with the Florida horsemen's association.
Most Popular Stories
- First Win for United States at Charles Town
- 'Indian Charlie' Sues to Get Back on Track
- Pomeroy, Flashy Bull to Stand in Saudi Arabia
- Torrid Martin Resumes Golden Gate Hot Streak
- New York to Act on New Medication Rules
- Ex-Calder Racing Secretary Headed to Hialeah
- Whip Use by Jockeys Restricted in California
- Canterbury Gets Approval for 70-Day Meet
- Bear No Joke After Repeat in Kennedy Road
- Napravnik Among Five Woolf Award Finalists