Gulfstream Park on the night of Dec. 30 canceled a Quarter Horse race that it had scheduled for Dec. 31.
The Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering dismissed a request for an administrative hearing on questions of the legality of Gretna Racing LLC's Quarter Horse license, which it plans to use for pari-mutuel barrel racing.
Gulfstream Park Racing & Casino announced Feb. 16 they have signed a contract with the Florida Horsemen's Benevolent & Protective Association that will run from March 1 through December 2012.
Calder Race Course announced May 9 that it will cut purses for eight upcoming stakes races, including the July 12 Summit of Speed card, blaming a continuing dispute with the Florida horsemen's association.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- Wise Dan Making Progress, Still Tack-Walking
- VLT Expansion Proposals Shot Down in New York
- Shared Belief Traveling East for CT Classic
- MA House Passes Suffolk Simulcast Extension
- Commissioner Eyes Easier Skip Away Prize
- Unlocking Winners: Dubai and the Derby Preps
- RMTC Board Announces Cobalt Threshold
- That Handicapping Show: Louisiana Derby
- War Correspondent, Lochte Head Appleton