About 100 representatives of the southeast Florida horse industry took their "Horse Racing Keeps Florida Running!" message to an Oct. 23 public workshop on possible changes in pari-mutuel and gaming laws.
Gulfstream Park on Dec. 18 asked the Supreme Court of Florida to issue an order that would give law enforcement officials authority to shut down blackjack and baccarat tables at the Seminole Tribe of Florida's casinos in the state.
The sponsor of legislation that would authorize video lottery terminals at Florida's pari-mutuel facilities said budget concerns in the state give it some chance to pass. Meanwhile, two VLT bills in the Senate cleared committee March 6 and could be combined.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly
- Princess of Sylmar to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Fields Shaping Up for Super Saturday Card
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Los Alamitos Concludes First Fall Meet
- After the Wire: Game On Dude & Pa. Derby
- Florida Won Steals Ontario Derby Show
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Kaldera Up in Time in German St. Leger