About 100 representatives of the southeast Florida horse industry took their "Horse Racing Keeps Florida Running!" message to an Oct. 23 public workshop on possible changes in pari-mutuel and gaming laws.
Gulfstream Park on Dec. 18 asked the Supreme Court of Florida to issue an order that would give law enforcement officials authority to shut down blackjack and baccarat tables at the Seminole Tribe of Florida's casinos in the state.
The sponsor of legislation that would authorize video lottery terminals at Florida's pari-mutuel facilities said budget concerns in the state give it some chance to pass. Meanwhile, two VLT bills in the Senate cleared committee March 6 and could be combined.
Most Popular Stories
- Monmouth Ups Haskell Purse to $1.75 Million
- Quick Arrest Following Delaware Park Shooting
- La Verdad Cruises in Honorable Miss
- Imagining Heads Tough Bowling Green at Spa
- Rock Fall Looks to Step Up in Vanderbilt
- Belmont Runner-Up Frosted Back in Jim Dandy
- Saratoga's PDJF Awareness Day Events Aug. 1
- The Day the Haskell Came of Age
- Solow Extends Group I Win Streak in Sussex
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell