Gulfstream Park and Calder Casino & Race Course have selected schedules that will have Gulfstream rather than Calder holding races through most of December 2011, with no overlap of dates.
Hialeah Park has filed applications for Quarter Horse racing dates, telling the Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering it plans to run a 20-day meet late this year and another 20-day meet early in 2010.
Magna Entertainment Corp. has overhauled the ailing slots operation at its Gulfstream Park Racing and Casino complex by reducing the amount of machines it offers and expanding its simulcasting area.
Representatives from Gulfstream Park and the Thoroughbred Racing Protective Bureau performed a search Feb. 10 of the vehicles of veterinarians Phil Aleong and Leonard Patrick, but no further searches are planned, officials said.
Most Popular Stories
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- New Buyers Drive Up Sales at Arqana
- Charles Town Gets Dates But Awaits Contract
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia