Gulfstream Park and Calder Casino & Race Course have selected schedules that will have Gulfstream rather than Calder holding races through most of December 2011, with no overlap of dates.
Hialeah Park has filed applications for Quarter Horse racing dates, telling the Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering it plans to run a 20-day meet late this year and another 20-day meet early in 2010.
Magna Entertainment Corp. has overhauled the ailing slots operation at its Gulfstream Park Racing and Casino complex by reducing the amount of machines it offers and expanding its simulcasting area.
Representatives from Gulfstream Park and the Thoroughbred Racing Protective Bureau performed a search Feb. 10 of the vehicles of veterinarians Phil Aleong and Leonard Patrick, but no further searches are planned, officials said.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- Trainer Michael de Kock on Mubtaahij
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- McLaughlin: Frosted Has to Have 'A-Plus' Day
- Carpe Diem Will Not Be Entered in Belmont
- Donegal Hopes Keen Ice Can Cool Off Pharoah
- Bill Authorizes New Jersey Casino Referendum
- Napravnik, Sharp Welcome Baby Boy
- Lawyer for Rubinsky Sues Zayat for Libel
- Belmont Undercard: Honor Code, Bayern Prepare