Gulfstream Park and Calder Casino & Race Course have selected schedules that will have Gulfstream rather than Calder holding races through most of December 2011, with no overlap of dates.
Hialeah Park has filed applications for Quarter Horse racing dates, telling the Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering it plans to run a 20-day meet late this year and another 20-day meet early in 2010.
Magna Entertainment Corp. has overhauled the ailing slots operation at its Gulfstream Park Racing and Casino complex by reducing the amount of machines it offers and expanding its simulcasting area.
Representatives from Gulfstream Park and the Thoroughbred Racing Protective Bureau performed a search Feb. 10 of the vehicles of veterinarians Phil Aleong and Leonard Patrick, but no further searches are planned, officials said.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Bullheaded Boy First Winner for Bullsbay
- Hawthorne Drops Race Dates, Cuts Fall Stakes
- King's Bishop Likely Option for Wildcat Red
- Makari Wins Smithwick for Voss Murray
- First Winner for Sire Concord Point
- Dayatthespa, Big Blue Kitten on Whitney Card
- Catalano, On Mend, Gets Arlington Win 1,000